PhD Research Project: Assessment of Medical Glove Materials for Real World Application
An exciting opportunity is available to work on a project with Synthomer and The University of Sheffield through the Polymers and Colloids CDT This will be a four year studentship aimed at developing new methodologies to assess candidate glove materials and manufacturing processes in terms of their effects on performance for real-world glove use (e.g. donning, comfort, fit, user-confidence and performance of everyday tasks).
The studentship includes a full programme of development activities for the successful applicant (both individual and as part of this year’s CDT cohort) and a secondment with Synthomer to experience industrial research experience.
The project will be led by the Department of Mechanical Engineering and experts in polymer formulation and manufacturing, tribology and human factors. It would be advantageous if applicants have knowledge of one or more of these, but it is not essential as full-training will be given and relevant modules can be accessed as part of the PhD.
The funding is available immediately to home/EU students only and the project can begin in October to November 2016.
The project will be supervised by Dr Matt Carré, Prof Roger Lewis and Prof Patrick Fairclough.
Applicants should send a CV to Dr Carré (email@example.com) as soon as possible. Any queries should also be directed to Dr Carré either by email or by phone (0114 2227839).
More jobs like this
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Business and Finance jobs in United Kingdom
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Science jobs in United Kingdom
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Computer Science and IT jobs in United Kingdom
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Physical Sciences and Engineering jobs in United Kingdom
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Materials Science jobs in United Kingdom