Laboratory technician in the Hall laboratory
Main focus of our research is to understand the role of signaling pathways
in cancer by proteomics.
Your responsibilities are
- to manage and maintain an LC/MS system (nLC 10000 & QExactive Plus instrument)
- to provide support in biochemical experiments and cell culture
You have completed a degree in biology (Bachelor's/Master's) or training as a lab assistant/technician. An excellent understanding of mass spectrometry and proteomics technology, including knowledge and experience in LC/MS instrument maintenance and sample preparation is essential. Experience in biochemical experiments and cell culture is an advantage.
The successful candidate is highly motivated and can work independently in a team environment. Communication skills in oral and written English are essential. Communication skills in German are an advantage. Basic computer skills are desirable.
This is a full time position, starting December 1st, 2016 or afterward upon agreement. The position is initially for 4 years with extension possible. Salary and benefits according to University of Basel standards.
Basel is an international city with people from 150 nations. Located on the border where three countries meet, Switzerland-Germany- France, it is Europe's most important life sciences hub. Basel provides a high standard of living and a rich and varied cultural atmosphere.
Please send your complete application (including cover letter, CV, reference letters, diplomas and contact information of two referees) to HR Biozentrum, Klingelbergstrasse 70, 4056 Basel, Switzerland,
More jobs like this
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Science jobs in Switzerland
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Life Sciences jobs in Switzerland
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Cell and Molecular Biology jobs in Switzerland
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Chemistry jobs in Switzerland
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Biochemistry jobs in Switzerland