2 days left
- Full Time
AmpliPhi Biosciences is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the development of naturally occurring viruses called bacteriophages (phages) for the treatment of bacterial infections. Phages offer a unique and proven approach to treating a wide variety of bacterial infections, particularly drug-resistant strains of bacteria that are commonly found in the hospital setting.
AmpliPhi is seeking a Senior Research Scientist to work in its Richmond, Virginia laboratory. The successful candidate will be part of a global team developing phages for human and animal antibacterial medicines. The role requires a detailed understanding of phages, microbiology, and molecular biology. You will possess excellent technical and communication skills and a sound business understanding.
Required Education and Experience:
- PhD in a relevant field plus at least 5 years of experience in the applied use of phages
- Expertise in phage biology, in vitro and in vivo bacteriophage methods is essential.
- Laboratory microbiology and molecular biology experience is essential; tissue culture experience is an advantage
- Expertise in phage sequencing and genomics
- Previous experience with a variety of Gram-negative and Gram-positive organisms
- Experience with fermentation and bacteriophage purification processes
- Experience preparing data and information for regulatory filings for clinical trials
- Experience writing a range of technical documents including SOPs, protocols and data reports
- Previous experience working for a biotechnology company and a GMP regulated environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required, as is the ability to interface effectively with diverse disciplines
- Able to work quickly and accurately, responding to challenges and deadlines as they arise
- A logical and inquisitive mind, and a systematic approach to tasks
- Conduct basic and applied research towards the development of phage products, including screening, characterization, selection, optimization of therapeutic phages against a variety of human pathogens
- Manage laboratory activities including instrument calibration and maintenance, and the maintenance of accurate records on all activities
- Write and review SOPs, protocols, research and development reports, manuscripts
- Provide in-depth knowledge and advice to research staff and management in areas of scientific research, setting standards, timeframes and priorities
- Prepare data and narrative information for US and international regulatory filings
- Work on departmental and interdepartmental teams (eg. Regulatory Affairs, Quality Control, Manufacturing) to develop strategies and oversee project execution
- Scientific point-of-contact for collaborators
- Prepare, maintain, and analyze critical stocks of phages and bacteria, including coordination of access and exchange among AmpliPhi sites and collaborators
- Seek and stay abreast of external advances and technologies than can enhance product development or portfolio
- Participate in after-hours teleconferences and travel to company sites in Australia/Slovenia as required
Expected salary and benefits to total $80,000 or above.
Apply for Senior Scientist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly