Specimen Processor I
Performs duties associated with the entry of Newborn demographic information from the filter paper into the laboratory information system.
- Enters alpha-numeric data from filter paper requisitions into LIS following format displayed on entry screen.
- Interprets information to be entered and contacts submitters to resolve questions and inconsistencies or to obtain missing data.
- Compares data entered with information on filter papers and re-enters data if necessary.
- Receives supply orders and makes shipments to submitters as requested.
- Coordinates paperwork various required reports and high risk patients in the applicable departments.
- Runs reports at closing to resolve problems relating to: specimens collected at
- Follows prescribed steps to verify miscellaneous submitter identity and billing information.
- Other tasks as requested by the Supervisor of Specimen Processing.