Curator for the Herbaria Basel
We are looking for a motivated and skilled candidate to manage and lead the Herbaria Basel (https://herbarium.unibas.ch/index.php/de/). The Herbaria Basel consist of several historically and scientifically valuable active collections with a total of c. 600 000 specimen. The successful candidate will
- scientifically manage, maintain and lead the collections of the Herbaria Basel,
- engage in state-of-the-art research and acquire external funding for the Herbaria Basel,
- teache in the botany curriculum of the University of Basel with a focus on plant anatomy and the flora of Switzerland and Europe.
The ideal candidate is a dynamic and reliable person with a PhD in botany or plant sciences. We expect the candidate to have experience with the management of biological collections as well as a proven record of activities in systematic or biodiversity research. Experience in teaching botany for undergraduate students in the classroom and in the field is also important. Our working language is German and English. Written and spoken fluency in both languages is essential for the position. We maintain an open and communicative group structure and expect the candidate to participate and collaborate in this friendly working environment.
We offer an interesting position in an international, interdisciplinary research environment in Basel. The initial position is limited to two years but can be extended to an unlimited contract if positively evaluated after two years. Salary and social benefits are provided according to University of Basel rules.
Please send your complete application (letter of motivation, CV, two reference contacts) to Ms. Maura Ellenberger (firstname.lastname@example.org). Applications will be considered immediately but no longer than November 15th 2016. The position will start February 1st 2017 or upon agreement. Further information can be obtained by Prof. Kahmen (email@example.com). The University of Basel is an equal opportunity and family friendly employer committed to excellence through diversity. To increase the number of women in leading academic positions the University strongly encourages applications from women.
More jobs like this
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Science jobs in Switzerland
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Environmental Sciences jobs in Switzerland
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Social and Behavioral Sciences jobs in Switzerland
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Geography jobs in Switzerland