Research Associate (Clinical Engineering)
6 days left
- Full Time
The aim of the project is to develop and manufacture a clinical grade device for cervical assessment which will be employed for laboratory and clinical studies assessing its ability to enable prediction of premature birth. The main elements of the work package comprise the development of a clinical version of the device hardware and software to enable it to function as a stand-alone device that can be used in clinical practice to assess the pregnant human cervix. Working as part of a small, friendly and enthusiastic team you will take a major role in the software development and assist with the hardware development leading to the production of a probe device for use in future clinical trials.
You should have a good honours degree in Science or Engineering subject. Significant postdoctoral experience in a relevant specialism and experience of instrumentation design including: system architecture, analogue signal conditioning, software and hardware development. Familiarity with the design of medical equipment would be desirable along with experience of magnetics and FE modelling and some embedded programming experience would be helpful. This is an excellent opportunity for an innovative and enthusiastic candidate to gain experience of working on a project in Medical Engineering with high potential for translation into clinical practice. You will be highly motivated, innovative and be able to work both independently and as part of a team.
This post is full-time and for a fixed-term period of 1 year in the first instance.
More jobs like this
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Business and Finance jobs in United Kingdom
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Science jobs in United Kingdom
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Computer Science and IT jobs in United Kingdom
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Physical Sciences and Engineering jobs in United Kingdom
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Chemical Engineering jobs in United Kingdom