Applications Specialist, Emulsion Polymers, Essen, 65-75k
3 days left
- Full Time
Applications Specialist, Emulsion Polymers, Essen, 60-70k
A fantastic new opportunity which has opened up as a result of business growth and reinvestment in the company's technical team, ensuring that they can foster talent for the future and develop people internally to a more senior level. This position offers very strong potential for progression in the next 2-3 years as the company want to develop someone into a Technical Service Manager position and you will be the first to be considered.
This opportunity is a healthy mix between formulations and lab work and customer contact, requiring you to visit customers, advise them on the product range and understand their applications requirements and to then work hands-on in the lab in unison with the rest of the team to develop and scale up these coatings formulations, giving you the chance to get commercial experience whilst maintaining your technical knowledge.
- Development of emulsion polymers and additives for water-based coatings systems (70-80%)
- Regular travel (20-30%) to customers across the EMEA region (20-30%)
- Simulation of coatings systems and testing on metal and wood substrates
- Providing technical support to customers and leading applications development projects
- Ensuring regulatory compliance to REACh standards including correct SDS and CLP data is provided
The company you will be working for develop emulsion polymers and additives for the Industrial Coatings market and mainly supply into Coatings companies that develop systems for Architectural and Furniture applications. They have one of their main production and development sites in the Essen area which includes the Technical Service, Production and R&D teams, so they have very close collaboration between their teams which allows them to be more reactive to the market and quicker to provide the right products to their clients.
- 60 years of operation in the surface coatings field
- Worldwide company with Regional Headquartes in the US, Europe and Asia
- Modern laboratory equipment at their German site and regular re-investement in facilities
- Develop and manufacture additives and emulsion polymers for the Industrial Coatings Market
- Technical team of 8 people at their site in the Essen area
- Training as Lacklaborant or Chemistry Degree
- Minimum 2 years development experience of water-based coating systems
- Experience develop polymers or additives coatings of advantage but not essential
- Good knowledge of applications to metal or wood substrates
- Fluent English, German of advantage
For a confidential discussion about this position or other opportunities in Research & Development send an up to date Microsoft Word version of your CV to Arthur Mills at NonStop Chemical on firstname.lastname@example.org or call me in Germany on +49 892 109 3363 or in Switzerland on +41 43 508 0817.
I am the specialist consultant for Research and Development in the Paints & Coatings Industry. I offer positions at seniorities from Associate through to Director level for Germany, Austria and Switzerland. If you are a Coatings Professional in R&D and are looking for new opportunities then feel free contact me for a confidential discussion. Elsewise, if you are looking to hire these professionals for your company then contact me for a free consultation.
NonStop Chemical is the specialist agency for recruitment in the Chemicals, Agrochemicals and Cosmetics Industries across Europe. Having forged our reputation in REACh Regulatory Affairs over the last 8 years we offer clients and candidates industry leading service (verified by APSCo) and expert knowledge. We have individual consultants specialising in R&D, Sales, REACh, Regulatory Affairs, EHS, Geotechnical, Geo-Environmental, Remediation, Contaminated Land, Ecology, Air Quality, Acoustics and Supply Chain.
Technical Service / Technical Sales / Applications Engineer / Polyols / Dispersions / Coatings / 2k / 2 component / Germany / German / English / Paints / Adhesives / Technical Management / Chemicals / Chemical Specialties / Technischer Service / Technischer Verkauf / Anwendungstechniker / Polyole / Lacke / 2-Komponenten / Deutschland / Deutsch / Englisch / Farben / Klebstoffe / Technischer Management / Chemie / Chemie Spezialitäten
Apply for Applications Specialist, Emulsion Polymers, Essen, 65-75k
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly