Digital Marketing Officer
Working as part of a Faculty based student recruitment team, the Digital Marketing Officer will create and implement exciting and innovative campaigns across all forms of digital media and continuously develop and maintain all digital channels utilised, including but not limited to, internet and social media. Using evidence based analytics, the Digital Marketing Officer will create effective communications to enhance the University’s reputation and attract high quality students from across the world.
- Create and implement high quality content for digital channels for a variety of audiences, producing written and rich content including engaging copy, images, audio and video and maintain it through the University’s content management and asset management systems.
- Produce clear and concise written material for the web that follows the University’s policies and standards for digital content, accessibility, user experience, search engine optimisation and mobile optimisation. Create new content and enhance edit and re-use legacy content where appropriate.
- Leveraging previous experience of online analytics and supported by the central digital team, build accurate and evidence-based insights into user behaviour that informs decision making at a strategic level. Use insights gained to optimise the user journey and enhance conversion rates / performance. Working with the central CRM team, develop an in-depth understanding of how the target audience finds, consumes and shares influential content. Produce detailed analysis of how the target audience’s relationship with the University/Faculty evolves over time and how this knowledge can be exploited to improve the performance of digital channels.
- Use social media channels within Faculty to maximise levels of engagement and contribution towards recruitment targets.
- Develop detailed quarterly digital content plans which align with and support the Faculty’s annual marketing and student recruitment plan.
- Develop and maintain personal skill set to maintain high level of competency in using the University’s content management systems and any tools that might be implemented in the future.
- Be familiar with the University’s Digital Governance policies, standards and procedures. Provide input to steering committees and working groups responsible for developing digital standards, approving digital guiding principles and implementing governance frameworks. Ensure all content developed maintains brand and message consistency across all digital channels used and is within University digital governance.
- Contribute to the messaging and other marketing and communications plans of the Faculty.
- Assist in the development and production of digital campaigns to deliver clear and consistent messaging.
- Monitor new digital trends and techniques to ensure the Faculty’s communication objectives are delivered in an innovative and effective way. Consult with University digital steering committees and working groups to ensure digital innovations are delivered within University Digital Governance Framework. Build relationships and work effectively with Faculty and University staff to develop appropriate web content to promote the Faculty and implement the use of new digital and social media. Provide specialist advice on digital communications to Schools within Faculty, to include adherence to style guidelines and editorial procedures, basic web writing and SEO optimisation for non-digital staff. Undertake other duties and responsibilities to support the goals of the Student Recruitment Hub as required by the Business Development Manager and other senior colleagues. Form part of the in-house resource for technical, design and content knowledge.
- Maintain policies, procedures and working practices for University-wide social media activity, flagging and acting upon bad practice as required.
Planning and Organising:
- Ensure that all digital content continues to be developed and improved over time in response to University developments, user feedback and technological trends and advancements.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritise workload and meet multiple deadlines.
- Ensure the needs of all internal customers are met within agreed deadlines.
Resource Management Responsibilities:
- Ensure content production is delivered within the set budget.
- Imaginative and capable of achieving results using limited resources.
Internal and External Relationships:
- Regular liaison with relevant academic and support staff in Schools.
- Faculty staff, Information Services, Digital team within central Marketing, Recruitment, Communications and Internationalisation Directorate.
- *A degree, HND or NVQ level 4 qualification in a relevant subject.
- *A minimum of 2 years’ recent relevant experience in a digital marketing role.
- *Experience analysing and interpreting data and in the production of digital marketing reports to inform decision making at a senior level.
- *Track record of producing compelling content that drives user engagement.
- *Experience of delivering creative approaches and solutions to digital media challenges.
- *Experience working in a target driven environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of the digital marketing landscape, recent trends and developments.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet targets and deadlines.
- Proficient user of MS Office packages and general confidence and aptitude with IT systems.
- Outstanding writing, editing and proof-reading skills, with the ability to produce high-quality accurate work to tight deadlines and adapt editorial style to a wide range of audiences. Good verbal and written communication skills together with an ability to explain complex issues.
- Commitment to providing high standards of service at all times.
- Drive, enthusiasm and commitment.
- Good team worker with a flexible approach.
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours to meet the needs of managing the service (i.e. evenings, weekends and public holidays).
- *A postgraduate degree or equivalent professional qualification in digital media, multimedia design and production or digital marketing.
- *Experience of SEO, digital media channel management, online analytics and social media management.
- *Experience of youth / student marketing, particularly in a higher education context.
- *Track record of running effective PPC campaigns / Google AdWords accreditation.
- *Experience of video and / or multimedia content development.
- An understanding of the complexities of marketing Higher Education in domestic and international markets.