Chair - Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
The Aga Khan University, East Africa invites applications for the position of Chair, Department of Pathology
Reporting to the Dean, Medical College and the CEO, Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi (AKUH,N), the Chair will have the overall responsibility for the academic and service mandate of the department, consistent with the mission of the Aga Khan University. The Chair will also be expected to be the liaison between the department, other AKU departments and relevant external bodies and/or agencies.
- A demonstrated track record of leadership within an academic health sciences centre, teaching hospital or integrated health authority;
- Possess sub-specialist qualification in Pathology and be at, or eligible to be appointed at, an Associate Professor level or above;
- Registration or be eligible for registration by the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists’ Board;
- Capability of taking an entrepreneurial approach to develop financially viable service enhancements;
- Experience in education at the undergraduate and postgraduate level and be engaged in scholarly contributions to the field;
- Experience working in a developing country and /or the ability to adapt in this context; and
- Worked in a multi-site and/or in a multi-country institutions or have potential to manage in a similar environment with strong financial management skills.
- Experience in teaching and exposure to management of undergraduate programmes, collaborative academic research and publications.