Research Associate in III-nitride semiconductors and devices
It has the second highest research income in the UK in this subject area. #
We are a vibrant community of 40 academic staff, 48 research staff, 25 technical staff, 23 administrative staff and over 750 undergraduate and postgraduate students.
The Department is organised into three research groups: Communications and Imaging, Electrical Machines and Drives and Semiconductor Materials and Devices.
- For further information about the Department of Electronic and Electrical Engineering go to: www.shef.ac.uk/eee The post is based within the Centre for GaN Materials and Devices (http://gancentre.group.shef.ac.uk/).
- The Centre currently has 22 team members including academic members of staff, a research administrator, research fellows and Ph.D students, and is equipped with two advanced III-nitride based MOVPE systems, comprehensive optical systems for advanced research on III-nitrides, and a number of facilities for device fabrication and device testing.
- The post holder will work closely with a large number of collaborators from other Universities and industrial partners in order to achieve III-nitride and other III-Vs integrated materials and devices on patterned substrates using advanced MOVPE overgrowth technique, which will be characterized by a number of advanced optical/electrical and structural systems.
- She/he will need to prepare and present results regularly, and will help to co-ordinate progress meetings.
- She/he will need to publish articles in high-profile journals, attend project progress meetings and international/domestic conferences.
- Candidates are sought who have a strong scientific background in III-nitride based semiconductor physics and fundamental semiconductor physics, with a PhD in semiconductor materials and device fabrication or equivalent experience.
- Experience in structural and optical characterisation of III-nitride semiconductors and skill in advanced MOVPE overgrowth on patterned substrates is also essential. This post is fixed term until 31st March 2020.