Software Developer in Multiscale Modelling
- INSIGNEO intends to realise the scientific ambition behind the Virtual Physiological Human, producing a transformational impact on healthcare. While recently established, INSIGNEO is already considered one of world-leading institutions in the area of in silico medicine research. For more information on INSIGNEO please see our web pages: www.insigneo.org.
- This is an excellent opportunity for a programmer interested in developing Computational Science and Engineering software tools for research in the multiscale modelling of human physiology and pathology. The development activities are part of a five-year programme to create a new modelling framework for the human musculoskeletal system.
- The £6.7M MultiSim Frontier Engineering grant from the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) – awarded to the world leading and innovative INSIGNEO Institute – will improve treatments for diseases of the musculoskeletal system. http://multisim-insigneo.org The post holder will further develop of an existing software framework called “VPH Hypermodelling Framework” (VPH-HF for short) developed by Professor Viceconti, in a previous project called VPHOP: http://www.vphop.eu The post holder will work on this project, under the supervision of Professor Viceconti, internationally recognised expert in multiscale modelling, and Professor Lacroix, expert in musculoskeletal mechanobiology.
- He/she will participate in the further development of this software framework to a stage where it can be used by all the researchers involved in the project to develop and run complex multiscale individualised simulations, using the modelling approach defined by the Virtual Physiological Human (VPH) initiative.
Applicants should have obtained a PhD (or be close to completion) in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, or related disciplines or have equivalent industrial experience. It is essential to be in possession of an undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, or a related subject (or have equivalent experience).
More jobs like this
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Business and Finance jobs in United Kingdom
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Science jobs in United Kingdom
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Computer Science and IT jobs in United Kingdom
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Computer Science jobs in United Kingdom
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') General Computing jobs in United Kingdom