Technical Support Specialist
Responsible for handling customer calls of a technical nature and to provide service and resolution to problems. May also provide technical support to field engineers and the inside service team who are diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing and debugging complex electro/mechanical equipment, computer systems, and/or complex software. Responds to situations where inside service product support has failed to isolate or fix problems in malfunctioning equipment or software. Maybe involved in customer installation and training. Provides support to customer/users where the problem is highly technical or sophisticated in nature.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides assistance and technical support to users. Receives and responds to calls and e-mails from users reporting problems and/or requesting assistance; provides technical advice; walks user through the problem's resolution; and explains system procedures.
- Analyze system data and customer history to proactively identify emerging and/or systemic customer issues and/or problems. Follow the defined process to escalate leading indicators to the proper level of supervision
- Communicate technical needs from customers & field representatives to in-house departments and provide updated technical information to the field
- Work to develop and improve best practices and phone agent skills to achieve maximum first call resolution and minimal repeat customer questioning
- Provide 3rd level Technical Support and problem resolution (Assist Role). Provide technical support to field service and inside service representatives as requested or required. Accelerate conclusion of non-routine field service problems to meet or exceed warranty and installation cost provisions while maximizing customer satisfaction metrics. Monitor and respond to field service Alert system. Minimize warranty and installation costs and instrument replacements by working closely with Service and Customer Satisfaction Business Units. Take an active role in weekly Alert Calls and twice-monthly Customer Satisfaction Problem Resolution Meetings. Work closely with vendors and other partners to troubleshoot and evaluate product problems, drive root-cause analysis and implement product and/or process improvement. Coordinate field retrofit programs with worldwide Service organizations.
- Maintain Technical Documentation (Assist Role). Maintain updated service documentation and regularly distribute service update communications to field service organization.
- Support New Product Introduction (Assist Role). Support new product development efforts by providing critical input and evaluation of design-for-service, creating service documentation, defining and forecasting service parts, developing installation protocols, training field service specialists and participating in launch teams to monitor initial installations and assure successful product launches. Issue and maintain product line part numbers. Develop IQ/OQ-based service products.