Research Associate, Tissue Staining & Imaging
3 days left
- Full Time
Summary We are seeking a Research Associate/Senior Research Associate to join the Reagents R&D group at our Center for Personalized Health and Innovation (cPHI). The candidate hired will perform histology procedures that support the development of novel reagent products designed specifically for PerkinElmer’s cutting-edge Mantra and Vectra multispectral imaging systems. The individual will be part of the Tissue Imaging Team and will design, develop, and optimize manual and automated protocols for tissue staining. In addition, the candidate will be expected to learn and use novel imaging platforms and automated IHC stainer(s), analyze and interpret data, and communicate results to the team.
- Primary responsibilities involve sectioning of paraffin-embedded, formalin-fixed tissues and performing Immunohistochemistry (IHC) and immunofluorescence (IF) staining on tissue sections manually or on an automated IHC stainer.
- General laboratory work including sample/ reagent preparation and maintenance of the automated IHC stainer.
- Record experimental results for research and development projects in electronic laboratory notebooks.
- Contribute to experimental design, planning and scientific execution of research projects.
- Demonstrate proactive and original thinking in execution of research tasks involved with all projects.Identify technical issues, recommend solutions and communicate results to the team.
- Collaborate with other project staff to accomplish specific team objectives within project timelines.Accountable for meeting scheduled completion dates and for providing timely feedback when dates cannot be met.
- Exhibit excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Interact with project team members and peers to anticipate and resolve day to day issues working in a matrix organizational structure.