Assistant Professor - Media Design
Requirements and Qualifications:
Applicants with a PhD will be preferred but a Master’s Degree with 2 years of university/college teaching experience or a Master’s Degree with 3 years of related work experience are also acceptable.
Teaching, maintaining office hours, student counseling, class preparation and involvement with student clubs, and participation in department-related activities. Other duties as required by the department and the President.
Remuneration and Benefits:
- Salary: A competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Airfare Reimbursement: Full reimbursement (50% upon arrival/ 50% upon completion of 2- year contract)
- Housing: Furnished housing (single or 2-bedroom housing)
- Paid Vacation: 4 weeks paid vacation plus Korean National Holidays
- Health Insurance: Fee of approx. 3.2% taken off each month salary
- Private University Pension: Fee of approx. 8% taken off each month salary
Woosong Educational Foundation:
Woosong University is located in the city of Daejeon, the second capital of Korea. Only two hours south of Seoul, Daejeon offers a less crowded yet still diverse area of neighborhoods. Woosong University is a leader in innovation and provides "value added" to our graduates. As a four-year university, it strives to be Asia’s top specialized university based on the three principles of independence, righteousness, and goodness. The university currently boasts a student body of over 10,000 and a combined full-time and adjunct faculty of 320.
Dr. Endicott’s areas of specialization include all aspects of Japanese and Korean studies, Asian security studies, with special emphasis on the Korean Peninsula, American defense policy, and professional military education. His published books include Japan’s Nuclear Option (Author), The Politics of East Asia (Co-author), American Defense Policy (Co-Editor and Contributor), and Regional Security Issues (Co-author). A book on American foreign policy written by Endicott and two colleagues, U.S. Foreign Policy: History, Process, and Policy, was published in 2005. He received his Ph.D. from the Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy of Tufts University in cooperation with Harvard University. In October 2010, Endicott was awarded an Honorary Doctorate (Doctorate Honoris Causa) from the University of Toulouse, founded in 1229 in Toulouse, France, in recognition of his efforts to build a regime of international peace and cooperation in Northeast Asia.
Within Woosong University is SolBridge International Business School, one of the top business schools in Korea. Located in Daejeon, SolBridge prepares students to be the Next Generation of Asian Thought Leaders in the fast growing and rapidly changing Asian economy. SolBridge is unique among business schools for several reasons which include all classes taught in English by foreign professors from prestigious universities, diverse academic and cultural programs, and unique opportunities for students to provide them with the skills needed for the workforce. SolBridge International School of Business is also the youngest institution to receive the AACSB accreditation.
Woosong Information College is located in Daejeon, the second capital of Korea. Woosong Information College has been enabling our over 5000 undergraduates to attain their dreams through nationwide cooperation with specialized industries. It is our goal to further expand the college in the future through centralization of the restaurant and tourism, fine arts, education, administration and management curriculum.
More jobs like this
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Science jobs in South Korea
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Social and Behavioral Sciences jobs in South Korea
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Communication and Media Studies jobs in South Korea
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Art and Humanities jobs in South Korea