Director of Undergraduate Teaching and Learning
- Promote best practices and innovative strategies for teaching and learning among all members of the Yachay Tech community who are responsible for student leaning, including full-time and part-time faculty, professional staff, graduate teaching assistants, student leaders, tutors, and mentors
- Work with the members of the Chancellors office and with faculty in the schools to develop and implement criteria to ensure that all courses and programs are of high quality and consistent with Yachay Tech´s expectations for student-centered learning.
- Consult with individual faculty members and faculty teams to help develop or redesign courses and programs and integrate appropriate technology and innovative pedagogies into courses.
- Work with faculty committees, academic deans, department chairs and professional staff to develop and conduct ongoing assessments of Yachay Tech´s educational programs and services and to identify specific professional development training needs related to the implementation of innovative pedagogy.
- Develop online information about best practices, innovative pedagogy, and research on teaching and learning.
- Ph.D. in science, math, or science and mathematics pedagogy and a minimum of 2 years of experience in Math, Science, and or Engineering pedagogy in a post-secondary educational setting.
- Record of success in pedagogical innovation and pedagogical improvement.
- Demonstrable teaching, research, and project management skills.
- Experience in applying research to curricular innovations and faculty development.
- Knowledge of best practices in teaching and learning.
- Knowledge of and experience with a learning management system.
- Commitment to collaboration and effective consultation with all members of the University's teaching and learning community.
- Ability to work across Windows and Mac platforms.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and experience working with a variety of stakeholders across multiple disciplines.
- Fluency in English required; proficiency in Spanish preferred.
About Yachay Tech: Yachay Tech University (http://yachaytech.edu.ec/) is the first research-intensive university of Ecuador. The University is located in the Inter-Andean valley about two hours north of Quito. Yachay means knowledge in Kichwa and Yachay Tech is adjacent to the developing Yachay “City of Knowledge,” the first planned technology city in the Andean region. The mission of the University is to provide an international environment in which research, learning, and professional activity in the STEM fields are valued and supported. Since opening in March of 2014, the student population has grown to over 800 undergraduates. We anticipate reaching our enrollment goal of approximately 2000 undergraduates within the next two to three years. The university will also add both doctoral and masters programs in the near future. Each of the University´s six schools (in the general areas of biology, chemistry, physics, geology, mathematics, and social sciences) features a distinct academic structure that pairs engineering with basic sciences. An intensive English language program qualifies students for the upper level coursework that will be taught entirely in English.
Formal consideration of applications begins immediately; position will remain open until filled.