Director of Academic Library Services
- Direct library operations, and manage and supervise library professional and support staff.
- Work to develop the library as a hub for student learning.
- Consult with university faculty and administration to determine library resource and service needs of academic programs and departments.
- Develop programs and policies in support of the academic program overall and in key areas identified by the Academic Council.
- Consult with university administrators to determine budget and personnel requirements and to coordinate library practices and procedures with university policies.
- Develop and administer the library’s annual operating budget.
- Select and provide access to appropriate electronic information resources.
- Manage the library’s physical collections.
- Participate in leadership positions in appropriate professional associations, establishing and expanding connections on campus and beyond to stay current with trends in library services.
- Assess quality and effectiveness of programs and services.
- Degree in Library or Information Science required; additional degree in a science or engineering discipline desirable.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Bilingual (Spanish and English)
- Commitment to shared-governance and to serving the Yachay Tech community.
- Experience in a research university library setting.
- Knowledge of trends, issues and best practices in academic libraries.
- Excellent record of collaboration with internal and external partners.
- Experience with technological/informational services to support the student experience within the libraries.
- Demonstrated expertise with information technology and library systems.
- Commitment to higher education at the undergraduate and graduate level.
About Yachay Tech: Yachay Tech University (http://yachaytech.edu.ec/) is the first research-intensive university of Ecuador. The University is located in the Inter-Andean valley about two hours north of Quito. Yachay means knowledge in Kichwa and Yachay Tech is adjacent to the developing Yachay “City of Knowledge,” the first planned technology city in the Andean region. The mission of the University is to provide an international environment in which research, learning, and professional activity in the STEM fields are valued and supported. Since opening in March of 2014, the student population has grown to over 800 undergraduates. We anticipate reaching our enrollment goal of approximately 2000 undergraduates within the next two to three years. The university will also add both doctoral and masters programs in the near future. Each of the University´s six schools (in the general areas of biology, chemistry, physics, geology, mathematics, and social sciences) features a distinct academic structure that pairs engineering with basic sciences. An intensive English language program qualifies students for the upper level coursework that will be taught entirely in English.
Formal consideration of applications begins immediately; position will remain open until filled.