Administrator On-Call (AOC), CEO's Office, AKUH Pakistan
You will work in close coordination with the CEO's Office, AKUH, Stadium Road and will primarily be responsible to assist, supervise, coordinate, resolve hospital operational issuess. You will act as a front line representative for senior management, liaison for all departments in order to ensure high quality patient care, employee safety and campus security with 24/7 physical presence on the campus, essentially in off hours to provide coverage in evenings, nights and public holidays.
Specifically, you will be responsible to:
- Anticipate and adapt to customer / patient needs and provide prompt services to internal and external customers.
- Facilitate communication between primary health care providers, ancillary and support departments along with maintaining confidentiality as per the institutional policy.
- Identify issues of deviation from standards which have an adverse impact on patient care, employee safety and campus security.
- Work closely with the management team and serve as a resource person to optimize the utilization of human resource, equipment and space.
- Inform the concerned CEO in case of VVIP movements, accidents, internal / external disaster which require emergency alert, enforcement of emergency etc. and coordinate these activities by physical presence.
- Make comparisons of international best practices with the current processes in order to identify areas of improvement and share findings with the Senior Management.
- Liaison with nursing services for effective bed management.
- Follow and ensure closure of all open entries those were referred to concern unit for further action.
- Participation in different projects as assigned related to operations and patient cantered group initiatives.
- Conduct physical rounds to wards and ER to reinforce smooth services and to identify service gaps for immediate fixture.
- Assist CEO in undertaking system reviews for controls for current programs.
- To work with support departments to explore possible automation of processes.
- Participate at various University wide forums specially Hospital operating team, Risk Management and other forums of faculty in coordination with CEO & MD office(s) for improved coordination.
- MBA / Masters in Hospital Administration, preferably with MBBS or Bachelors in Nursing.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in similar capacity.
- Willing to work in shift duties.
- Possess strong decision making and analytical skills.
- Ability to deal with people at all levels of the organization in a professional and competent manner with strong customer focus.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and to resolve issues independently.
- Willing to work equally well in a team environment while being a self-starter.
- Team player and demonstrate excellent leadership qualities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficient in use of MS Office.