Research Associates (Medical)
The Outreach and Research Programme of the Department of Paediatrics and Child Health has nine community-based field sites across Pakistan (including five in Karachi) and focuses on research for the betterment of women and child health. The Department has a Nutritional Research Laboratory as well as an Infectious Disease Research Laboratory that caters to the needs of its research projects. It has well-acclaimed work to its credit both at the national and international level.
The department is going to implement a community-based research project in 8 districts of Pakistan in collaboration with government stakeholders and International Agencies on Polio eradication.
You will be responsible to:
- identify patients for the ongoing study and also enroll them for the research study
- collect and maintain records of research study patients, follow-up with them and update their schedule of visits
- ensure participation of community in research project to increase case reporting
- design and plan social mobilization strategies for community people to collaborate with research project
- provide appropriate guidance to children screened positive with disability or malnourishment
- train research staff and maintain a congenial working environment in the health center
- develop data collection forms, monitor the data collection processes in the field and evaluate and validate the data collected
- prepare periodic project reports.
You should have:
- an MBBS degree and valid PMDC license
- completed house job and at least one year of relevant experience preferably in Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- ability to effectively work at field sites and in teams
- good knowledge of computers particularly MS Office
- good communication and report writing skills.