Senior Management Assistant - Office of the Dean: Mamelodi Campus
OFFICE OF THE DEAN: MAMELODI CAMPUS
SENIOR MANAGEMENT ASSISTANT
PEROMNES POST LEVEL 9
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy.
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
The incumbent is expected to deliver an effective and efficient office management, secretarial and administrative support service to the Office of the Dean: Mamelodi Campus, which includes, but is not limited to:
- Office management, general administration and handling enquiries;
- Reception duties and secretarial support to the Dean: Mamelodi Campus;
- Financial management and administration;
- Liaison with a broad range of stakeholders both internally and externally, as well as nationally and internationally;
- Line management functions;
- Secretariat duties for management meetings and arrangement of meeting logistics;
- Logistical arrangements and co-ordination of events and marketing activities;
- Management of facilities, stationery, services and assets;
- Serving as a member of HR Selection Committee(s) when required.
- Grade 12; AND
- A secretarial/administrative certificate/diploma;
- Eight years’ relevant experience, ideally in the office of a senior manager which includes:
- Office administration/management;
- Financial administration and management;
- Secretarial work.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Effective secretarial, administration and financial administration skills;
- Strong language and communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Advanced level of computer skills (MS Office: Word, Excel and PowerPoint, including graphic representations, etc.);
- Information literacy;
- Proven knowledge of professional office etiquette and protocol;
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to liaise with a variety of external and internal clients/stakeholders both nationally and internationally;
- Organisational skills – an organised and methodical work approach;
- A sense of integrity, discretion and confidentiality;
- Accuracy and attention to detail;
- Time management skills;
- Pro-active approach to solving problems and meeting deadlines.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- An appropriate National Diploma/three-year secretarial qualification;
- Experience within a tertiary or academic environment, and a discipline within a faculty;
- Experience in the use of appropriate systems (preferably PeopleSoft (PS), and the PS Financial module).
PLEASE NOTE: All shortlisted candidates may be required to participate in relevant skills assessments as part of the selection process.
The total remuneration package for this position ranges from approximately R 347 490 to R 380 687 as determined by UP policy guidelines. (These amounts include the University’s contributions to standard UP benefits, namely provident fund, group life and funeral cover, but exclude contributions to medical aid, as the latter varies per employee.) UP subscribes to the BESTMED medical aid scheme and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
Applicants are requested to apply online at www.up.ac.za, and follow the link: Careers@UP.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact.
CLOSING DATE: 21 October 2016
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
ENQUIRIES: Prof NA Ogude, Tel: (012) 842 3421 for job-related enquiries OR Ms SL Williamson, Tel: (012) 420 4357 for HR-related or any other enquiries.
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 15 December 2016, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.