Research Assistant, The Social Research and Methodology Group of the Department of Social Sciences
The Social Research and Methodology Group of the Department of Social Sciences is looking for an assistant from 1 February 2017. The position is limited to 4 years for doctoral students and 5 years for post-docs.
- Collaborate on research projects and publications
- Teach independently (2 hours per week during the semester)
- Contribute to student support and administration
- Background and good grades in sociology or the social sciences (MA or PhD)
- Interest in one or more of the following: business and society, sustainability, South Africa, China, India, international and comparative research, UN SDGs, UNESCO, UN Global Compact
- Good qualitative and/or quantitative research methods skills
- Ability to work with academics from different countries and cultures
- Excellent English skills; some German or French skills are of advantage
- A challenging position in a dynamic and successful research team
- Opportunities to expand your skills and knowledge
- Remuneration according to the University of Basel pay scale https://www.unibas.ch/de/Mitarbeitendenportal/ Anstellung/Einreihung-Gehalt.html)
- A well-equipped and pleasant workplace in the center of Basel
Women and minorities are especially encouraged to apply. The application deadline is 15 November 2016.