Manager (Business Studies Manager) (5 year contract)
Manager (Business Studies Manager)
(5 year contract)
A dynamic Manager is required by the Centre for Continuing and Professional Education (CCPE) for its Business Studies Unit. The Manager will provide management support as the Business Studies Unit and will report to the Director (CCPE) and Executive Dean of the Faculty of Management Sciences
- Master’s degree in management; a Doctorate degree would be preferable.
- 10 years relevant experience in tertiary education environment or similar sector.
- At least 4 years at management level.
- Ability to provide leadership and operate independently.
- Business management acumen /commercial understanding.
- Conceptual thinking and decision making.
- Organisational /planning capability.
- People management skills.
- Conflict management skills.
- Strategic planning skills.
- Project management skills.
- To provide strategic leadership and management at the Business Studies Unit (BSU) by implementing policies, procedures plans and systems in respect of the training and educational service activities of the BSU in order to ensure the strategic objective of 3 rd stream income generation for DUT via the BSU.
Summary of Duties
- General Administration related to delivery of BSU product and services.
- Manages recruitment, selection and registration processes and procedures for admission of new students.
- Manages maintenance of all students records for the BSU
- Manages BSU examinations
- Responsible for financial management and performance of BSU in terms of income generation.
- Management of all BSU contracts.
- Manages advertising, business development and marketing of BSU courses and programmes.
- Management BSU administrative staff and contracted academic staff.
- Provide customer advice and support on BSU related matter.
- BSU systems and resources management.
- Represent the BSU at all appropriate internal and external forums.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director CCPE and Executive Dean of the Faculty of Management Sciences on their respective representative /nominee.
Salary: R367116,00 p.a Cost to Company
Contact Person: Ms Duduzile Hlophe, Tel 031 373 2751