Project Administrator for Silicon Photonics for Future Systems (SPfFS)
Location: Highfield Campus
Salary: £23,879 to £28,452 per annum
Part Time Fixed Term up to 05.01.2018
Closing Date: Friday 28 October 2016
Maternity cover. Part time 0.8FTE / 28 hours per week over four days. We would be willing to offer this post as a secondment opportunity.
We are seeking a highly experienced and skilled Administrator to support a large project in the field of silicon photonics. This will be a varied role within the EPSRC funded project Silicon Photonics for Future Systems (SPfFS) (http://sotonfab.co.uk/) under the supervision of the award holder, Professor Graham Reed and co-investigators.
The successful candidate will join a team of approximately 20 researchers focusing on the field of Silicon Photonics, based at the Optoelectronics Research Centre, University of Southampton, UK.
The applicant will provide administrative support to the entire project team, but will interact primarily with the Principal Investigator and the Management Group.
Full details of the position are available on the Role Description, but responsibilities will include:
- Provision of professional, high quality administrative support for the SPfFS Programme Grant and, in particular, to the Principal Investigator and the Co-Investigators.
- Administration of high level meetings and events, including recording and distributing minutes, arranging registration, travel and accommodation
- Relationship management on behalf of the Principal Investigator and Co-Investigators, and to act as a first point of contact for visitors and callers to SPfFS
- To create and maintain an electronic database of project information and outputs.
- To monitor the use of budget and resources effectively, ensuring control of all related expenditures.
- To proactively work with the Investigators to develop and maintain the Project website and publicity materials
A willingness to travel within the UK and possibly occasional international travel to attend SPfFS events is required, as well as a willingness to work flexible hours of work when necessary. Excellent communication skills are essential as is the use of confidentiality in data management at all times. The post will require the holder to possess excellent attention to detail, record keeping skills, interpersonal skills and customer service skills.
Should a high volume of applications be received before the deadline, the panel may decide to close the advert early to commence shortlisting. Should this be the case, an update will be sent to candidates that have submitted their applications, and those with applications pending, will be given sufficient time to complete their application.
To informally discuss the position, please contact Professor Graham Reed. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: +44 (0)23 8059 5494.
You should submit your completed online application form at www.jobs.soton.ac.uk. If you need any assistance, please call Suzanne Stone (Recruitment Team) on +44 (0) 23 8059 4043. Please quote reference 789516F7 on all correspondence.
More jobs like this
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Science jobs in United Kingdom
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Physical Sciences and Engineering jobs in United Kingdom
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Chemical Engineering jobs in United Kingdom
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Physics jobs in United Kingdom
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Chemistry jobs in United Kingdom