Officer (25 hours per week) (post level 11/10)
Job ID: 1738
Duties and responsibilities:
- Certificate in office administration or relevant qualification
- Two (2) years’ relevant experience
- Sound knowledge of PeopleSoft financials and related systems
- A valid driver’s license
- Advanced computer literacy in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Excellent administrative skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to function with ease in the University’s richly diverse working environment
- Ability to work accurately, systematically, independently and under pressure
- Ability to demonstrate professional and ethical behaviour at all times
Assumption of duties: As soon as possible.
Closing date: 21 October 2016.
Salary: The salary scale is available on request. For any further enquiries, please feel free to contact 051 401 3864 / 3221.
General: The University reserves the right not to fill the post. The University subscribes to and applies the principles prescribed by the Employment Equity Act. Preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups, in accordance with the principles of the aforementioned act and the employee profile of the specific department / division.
Applications may only be submitted online. All applications must be accompanied by the following:
- A detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter;
- Copies of qualifications (please provide the SAQA accreditation in the case of foreign qualifications);
- A copy of your identity document (ID).
Applications that are incomplete or sent by fax or e-mail will not be considered. Should you not be contacted within six weeks of the closing date for applications, you may assume that your application was unsuccessful.