Technical Officer: Department of Chemistry and Polymer Science
5 days left
- Full Time
Faculty of Science
Department of Chemistry and Polymer Science
- Assisting with various undergraduate and postgraduate laboratories;
- Preparing existing practicals with the emphasis on instrumentation as well as synthetic techniques;
- Providing support to academic staff and postgraduate students conducting research;
- Maintenance of laboratory equipment;
- Assisting with implementation and sustainability of safety measures within the department;
- Liaising with University service departments;
- Upkeep of buildings with emphasis on the research and undergraduate laboratories and general areas;
- Controlling chemical waste room, compiling waste removal list and checking chemical waste;
- Maintaining stores (chemical and gas);
- Liaising with external service providers in terms of obtaining quotations and placing orders.
- Any tertiary Baccalaureus qualification in a chemical or related field;
- Computer literacy;
- Good communication skills in English and/or Afrikaans;
- Practical experience of at least three years gained within a comparable laboratory environment.
- Degree in Chemistry or relevant work experience gained in a chemical environment;
- Sound practical knowledge of a range of chemical equipment.
Enquiries regarding job content: Ms Petra Steyn on 021 808 3332
Enquiries regarding remuneration/benefits as well as technical assistance with the electronic application process: Human Resources Client Service Centre on 021 808 2753.
Closing date: 31 October 2016
Commencement of duties: 1 January 2017
The University will consider all applications in terms of its Employment Equity Plan, which acknowledges the need to diversify the demographic composition of the staff corps, especially with regard to the appointment of suitable candidates from the designated groups.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Your application, comprising a comprehensive curriculum vitae (including the names and contact details of at least two referees), must reach the University before or on the closing date of the advertised post.
Candidates may be subjected to appropriate psychometric testing and other selection instruments.
The University reserves the right to investigate qualifications and conduct background checks on all candidates.
Should no feedback be received from the University within four weeks of the closing date, kindly accept that your application did not succeed.
More jobs like this
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Business and Finance jobs in Africa
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Science jobs in Africa
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Physical Sciences and Engineering jobs in Africa
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Materials Science jobs in Africa
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Chemistry jobs in Africa