KTP Associate - Health Economist
7 days left
- Full Time
Helena Biosciences is a specialist blue-chip IVD manufacturer and global supplier of Clinical Electrophoresis, Platelet Aggregation and Coagulation equipment, reagents and software. Supplying to over 150 territories worldwide, Helena Biosciences designs and develops state-of-the-art automation, intelligent software and reagent applications for capillary electrophoresis and coagulation systems - enabling healthcare laboratories around the world to work faster and smarter for better patient care.
We have an exciting opportunity for a recently qualified Masters Graduate to ‘fast track’ their career into industry and business by leading a high profile and strategically important project to a successful conclusion. Through a Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP), you will be working in partnership with the Test Evaluation Group (TEG) within the Academic Unit of Health Economics, University of Leeds and the National Institute of Health Research funded Leeds Diagnostics Evidence Co-operative. The project is driven by a desire to diversify our product portfolio and open up new markets, e.g. in clinical chemistry, and to bring new products to market more rapidly than is currently possible by shortening the current “route to adoption” methodology. The successful candidate should be business-minded and looking for a career where they can utilise their academic achievements in a business setting.
Throughout the KTP you will be based at the company premises in Gateshead but will be employed by the University for the duration of the project, a fixed period of 2.5 years. The University of Leeds will provide academic and technical support to you throughout the project.
Additionally you will:
• Receive a competitive salary and an additional training package worth £5,000;
• Gain excellent experience of managing a high profile project;
• Receive formal management training;
• Have opportunities for both personal and professional development.
• Recently qualified (within the last 5 years) with at least a Masters degree in Health Economics (minimum 2:1) or, a Masters in a mathematical subject area specialising in statistics or biological statistics with some relevant experience
• An interest in business and a career in industry
• Strong inter-personal and communication skills and ability to deal with multiple stakeholders
• Strong presentation skills and ability to present to a variety of audiences
• Excellent project management skills
• Enthusiasm and commitment to drive this challenging project forward
• The desire to develop your career in a progressive diagnostic test company and drive a revolutionary change in the pathology market
• Willingness to travel with the role
Candidates must be available for an onsite interview at the company premises
Informal enquiries related to this post may be made to Professor Claire Hulme +44 (0)113 343 0875 or email email@example.com
More jobs like this
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Business and Finance jobs in United Kingdom
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Science jobs in United Kingdom
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Computer Science and IT jobs in United Kingdom
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Social and Behavioral Sciences jobs in United Kingdom
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Political Science jobs in United Kingdom