Portal Project Developer
Are you an application developer with Java skills? Have you developed systems or features that use data to provide a personalised user experience? Can you use your expertise to enhance the student experience at Leeds and help deliver our new Portal?
We are starting a one year institutional level project, with a multi-disciplined team from across the University. The project team will work closely with a range of colleagues from across the institution. Within the Library these will be the eLearning, Portal & Systems teams, in University IT, the Unix and Technical Support & Development teams.
You’ll be joining a busy but stimulating and mutually supportive project team, working collaboratively to deliver the Blackboard Portal project, the aim being to migrate the existing Portal (Luminis) to the Blackboard Learn platform.
What does the role entail?
As Portal Project Developer, your main duties will include:
• designing, developing, testing and implementing new functionality for the project and to maintain and improve existing functionality;
• responsibility for specific areas of technical development and development projects, managing the full project lifecycle plan, manage, monitor, document and communicate this work as appropriate;
• participating in the overall technical development and support for the project and services, including the existing Portal and VLE services;
• identifying user requirements and feedback collection and analysis;
• collaborating on joint projects, developing services and sharing best practice within the University, with colleagues in peer HE libraries/institutions and external groups;
• significant contribution to the broader direction of the team or project, through strategic and project/operational planning.
These duties provide a framework for the role and should not be regarded as a definitive list. Other reasonable duties may be required consistent with the grade of the post.
To explore the post further or for any queries you may have, please contact:
Michael Thomas, eLearning (VLES) Team Leader
Tel: 0113 3438858 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Further information about the Library http://library.leeds.ac.uk/