Creative Studio Operator
Location: Highfield Campus
Salary: £19,485 to £23,164
Full Time Permanent
Closing Date: Thursday 27 October 2016
If you have a passion for design, artwork and graphics and you take pride in producing these types of products… then you should read on.
The Print Centre provides design and print services for the University of Southampton. This is a large and prestigious University and is highly dependent upon a vast array of advanced technologies. Working for the Print Centre, therefore, provides unrivalled opportunities, leading to extremely rewarding and satisfying working lives.
We are looking for a studio Creative operator to join our dynamic and rapidly evolving Design and Print Production Team.
To be successful, you’ll likely have experience of producing designs, artwork and graphics with some knowledge and skills in the following:
Setting up artwork to produce leaflets, posters and other promotional print
- Experienced use of Indesign, Illustrator and Photoshop on Mac or PC
- Setting up artwork for digital production i.e. HTML emails
- Creating illustrations and graphics for use in Print or Web based applications
Typical activities that the above skills will support include (but are not limited to):
- To check for quality of all images and design material.
- To operate computer systems for use in design applications
- To create brand compliant visuals and graphics.
- To edit and provide proofs to industry standards.
- Ensuring that equipment is properly maintained and to advise the Manager of significant problems should they arise.
- To maintain a tidy, efficient and safe work environment.
- Training will be provided for all equipment and relevant systems to the successful candidate.
- All training will be to industry standards and may lead to industry qualifications.
We offer excellent benefits including a pension scheme, staff discounts, generous holidays, and the opportunity to develop your career in a professional, friendly and pleasant working environment.
You should submit your completed online application form at www.jobs.soton.ac.uk. The application deadline will be midnight on the closing date stated above. If you need any assistance, please call Hannah Swann (Recruitment Team) on +44 (0)23 8059 4046. Please quote reference 792416JF on all correspondence.