Professor / Associate Professor and Head of Department - Department of Human Resource Management
FACULTY OF ECONOMIC AND MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
PROFESSOR / ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR AND HEAD OF DEPARTMENT (ONE POST)
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the above vacancy.
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
The Faculty of Economic and Management Sciences requires the services of a dynamic person of proven academic stature with relevant management experience to lead the Department of Human Resource Management.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- The strategic, academic, administrative and financial management of the Department;
- Promoting the Department’s research profile;
- Promoting scholarly academic and professional education and training;
- Playing an active role as academic leader of the discipline at a national and international level.
- A relevant doctoral degree (Industrial and Organisational Psychology / Human Resource Management);
- Academic status in the relevant discipline;
- A proven research and publication record;
- Experience in high-level liaison with internal and external stakeholders and professional boards.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- Managerial experience at a tertiary institution;
- Registered as a Master Personnel practitioner at the SABPP;
- Registered as an Industrial Psychologist at the HPCSA;
- Strong leadership and good communication skills;
- International recognition.
The annual remuneration package will be commensurate with the incumbent’s level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines. UP subscribes to the BESTMED medical aid scheme and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
Applicants are requested to apply online, quoting the applicable reference number.
In applying for this post, please attach:
Completed and updated Curriculum Vitae;
A brief self-evaluation by the candidate;
The candidate’s vision for the Department;
Details of three contactable referees, including referees who can attest to the candidate’s academic and/or leadership qualities.
Shortlisted applicants will be expected to deliver a 15 minute presentation to the Appointment’s Committee on his/her vision for the Department.
By applying, candidates agree to the appointment process as set out in the relevant UP policy document. This process can be accessed at http://www.up.ac.za/services/personnel/policies/w113E.doc.
Although candidates will be appointed permanently as Professor or Associate Professor, the headship is a fixed-term appointment of four years. Preference will be given to the incumbent for re-appointment for a second term.
CLOSING DATE: 27 October 2016
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
ENQUIRIES: Prof Elsabé Loots, Tel: (012) 420 3330, e-mail: email@example.com.
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 15 December 2016 please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right not to make an appointment to the posts as advertised.