Research Fellow in Chemistry (maternity cover)
To support the research activity of Dr Anna Peacock's research group whilst on maternity leave, and to facilitate the running of the group and recovery of research activity/productivity (e.g. manuscripts) upon her return to work. This will include the supervision of more junior group members, the administrative issues related to this research, the training on and maintenance of essential equipment for the Peacock groups research activity, liaising with technicians and collaborators, and the creation of knowledge by undertaking a specified range of activities within an established research programme and specific research projects.
- Degree or equivalent in Chemistry and research experience in de novo metallopeptide design, characterisation, and lanthanide chemistry.
- Practical experience of coiled coil metallopeptide design, synthesis, characterisation. Experience required in operating a CEM liberty 1 peptide synthesiser, ITC, HPLC, CD, UV-visible, fluorescence and MRI spectroscopy.
- Familiar with the UoB Chemistry ordering procedures, as well as documentation related to research activities (e.g. COSHH forms and SOPs).
- Previous experience demonstrating UoB Chemistry undergraduate teaching laboratories
- High level analytical capability, and the ability to analyse data obtained from the above techniques
- Ability to assess resource requirements and use resources effectively
- Ability to communicate complex information clearly
- Understanding of and ability to contribute to broader research group management/ administration processes