Trainee Speech Therapist
Physiotherapy department at Aga Khan University provides comprehensive services to assist adults and children in overcoming swallowing, Speech and language dysfunction. Trainee Speech Therapy programme at AKUH is unique in a sense that it helps to equip fresh graduates for initiating and establishing their careers in Speech Therapy. The one year programme offers didactics and hands on Speech Therapy experience in the areas like Pediatric Rehabilitation, Neurological Rehabilitation and Advance Rehabilitation etc.
Aga Khan University Hospital invites applications for the position of Trainee Speech Therapist.
Trainees will be provided exposure in the following areas:
- Assist in handling patients with Speech and language disfunction.
- Assist in evaluation and formulating speech therapy treatment plan.
- Monitor patient recovery through speech therapy provided.
- Consult and collaborate with consulting Physicians and other medical professionals in providing Speech Therapy treatments.
- Provide quality Speech Therapy treatment to the highest possible levels.
- Educate patients and their families about treatment interventions and home exercises.
- Compliance with organizational policies and standards of quality care.
- Maintain and update patient records and documentation.
Candidates who have completed or are in final year of BSc. Speech Language Therapy / MA in Audiology and Speech Pathology from a recognized University/College.
Full time employment may be offered upon successful completion of the traineeship programme and availability of the vacant position.