Aga Khan University invites applications for the position of Trainee Physiotherapist.
Physiotherapy department at Aga Khan Hospital provides comprehensive services to assist adults and children in overcoming physical, neurological and cognitive impairments, disabilities and handicaps.
Trainee Physiotherapist programme at AKUH is unique in a sense that it helps to equip fresh graduates for initiating and establishing their careers in Physiotherapy. The one year programme offers didactics and hands on physical therapy experience in the areas like Pain management, Cardiac Rehabilitation, Pediatric Rehabilitation, Obs/Gynae Rehabilitation, ICU, CICU, CCU and Advance Rehabilitation etc. The trainees will be provided exposure in the following:
- Assist in handling patients with pain and physical problems caused by illnesses, disabilities and injuries;
- Maintain and update patient records and documentation. Assist in evaluation and formulating treatment plan.
- Consult and collaborate with consulting Physicians and other medical professionals in providing physiotherapy treatments.
- Provide quality physiotherapy treatment to the highest possible levels.
- Educate patients and their families about treatment interventions and home exercises.
- Compliance with organizational policies and standards of quality care.
The areas of work will include:
- Outpatients (Pain Management).
- Intensive care.
- Women’s health.
- Neurology (Neuro Medicine / Surgery).
- Sports Injuries.
- Geriatric Rehabilitation.
- Learning difficulties.
Candidates who have completed their Bachelor’s in Physical Therapy from a recognized University/ college.
Full time employment may be offered upon successful completion of the traineeship programme and availability of the vacant position.