Aga Khan University invites applications for the position of Senior Architect in the Design Office.
You will be responsible for coordinating design with direct and indirect users; producing plans for facilities and the modification of existing premises - some entailing very high technical requirement; helping users write design briefs and formulating user requirements.
Specifically, you will be responsible for:
- Designing and reviewing designs done by consulting architects and ensuring it meets user requirements & university design policies and design standards;
- Assessing quality of architectural related work at site; monitoring coordination issues of consultants;
- Reviewing conformity with relation to samples, mock-ups, materials; and ensuring adherence to specified procedural issues.
- Forming a database of architectural / engineering drawings for future reference, compiling for updating of as-built drawings.
- Reviewing design of new capital projects, prepared by consultants for projects (both schematic and detailed designs).
- Ensure quality standards and conformance with approved schematic designs & design philosophies, as per AKU policy and standards.
- Ensuring adherence to AKUs design philosophies and recommending any changes proposed, on the basis of design briefs, space program and user requirements.
- Discuss & follow-up to resolve design issues with consultant and coordinate with users at all stages and seek approvals.
- Prepare space and user requirements, assist them in writing design briefs; work on space planning & determining space programs through dialogues with professional health & education providers & to do management of design work.
- Will be responsible for designing modifications to existing premises from as-built conditions which includes preparing detailed design and construction drawings.
- Liaising with engineering consultants and giving timely reviews of all drawings, documents, samples, mock-ups and materials.
- Developing schematic and detailed designs on CAD which are fully coordinated for engineering services including HVAC, plumbing, medical gases & electrical requirements and ensuring adherence to agreed time schedule for design.
- Coordination with Construction who will furnish Cost Estimates of the proposed projects.
- Monitor the preparation of presentation drawings including 3D images developed by the CAD Operators.
- Bachelors degree in Architectur eand licence membership with a professional architectural institution.
- 8 - 10 years of related experience
- Computer Aided Design (AutoCAD) certification will be an added advantage.
- Excellent knowledge and usage of Microsoft Office.
- Free hand sketching / graphic communication skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.