Specialist (Legal), Clinical Affairs - AKUH
4 days left
- Full Time
Reporting to Manager Clinical Affairs, you will be responsible to facilitate institution’s quality initiatives and performance improvements by participating and coordinating the legal affairs processes and risk management issues related to patient care.
Specifically, you will be responsible to:
- Work closely with the internal and external legal counsel to coordinate all court proceedings and provide relevant inputs to senior management.
- Provide relevant inputs to the Manager/Assistant Manager Clinical Affairs (Legal) in preparing quarterly departmental reports
- Conduct educational training sessions for interns, residents and medical staff on Medicolegal issues
- Actively coordinate patient care related legal affairs process and draft documents including but not limited to responses to legal notices, affidavits, written statements and memorandum of understanding / agreements.
- Work closely with the internal and external legal counsel and to coordinate all court proceedings
- Timely review AKUH policies, procedures, consent forms etc. from legal perspectives.
- Assist AKUH faculty and staff in providing timely responces on legal matters and to accompany them at court hearings.
- As a member of risk management committee, actively participate in formulating risk reduction and risk management activities of the hospital from a legal perspective.
- Facilitate and regulalry report management of Clinical Affairs (Legal) in institutional and departmental administrative issues.
- Bachelors in Law (LLB) from a recognized institution.
- At least 2 - 3 years of practicing experience. Exposure and experience in local legislative system particularly towards health sector would be an advantage.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Leadership skills and ability to work closely with the senior management
- Ability to organize, analyze, interpret and present data
- Ability to work closely with faculty and staff of Hospital as a Team
- Excellent knowledge and usage of Microsoft Office.