Post, Portering and Transport Service Operations Manager
The Post, Portering and Transport Service Manager is responsible for the efficient operations of the combined departments including the management of staff and the operational day to day running to ensure that all service level agreements are met. The appointee will provide support and guidance to the teams who are based at 3 sites across campus.
The post-holder will possess excellent knowledge of vehicle fleet management, postal carrier and courier services, import/export legislation and the transportation of goods and services in all aspects of University functions. A strong commitment to delivering an excellent service in addition to managing a large successful team is required.
- Excellent organisational, co-ordination and team-management skills this is integral to the role with the ability to manage large workloads in several areas simultaneously
- Experience in managing suppliers relationships and understanding management information statistics to provide affective review of service.
- Must have extensive experience of managing a team and and develop leadership skills with the ability to instill confidence in team leaders
- Comprehensive and detailed understanding of logistics and transport regulations this must come from either a delivery/courier or fleet management experience back ground
- Strong negotiating and persuasion skills and ability to think ahead in order to shape team/service
- Ability to write clearly and concisely communicating to a wide range of people at all levels, maintaining high levels of accuracy and attention to detail.