Principal Consultant (Geo-Environmental)- Small Consultancy
Role: Principal Geo-Environmental Engineer
Location: West London
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000
Interviews: WB 28th November and WB 5th December
It is a very exciting time for my client with major ambition for growth across the business. They are a small company rapidly growing.
A key part of the role therefore, as well as delivering projects, and managing a team, will be assisting to build a sustainable and growing client base for the region. You will therefore need proven client management experience as well as sound and commercial technical delivery acumen. You will have experience of managing a team.
- Management and delivery of projects to clients on time and within agreed budgets and in line with related commercial objectives
- The day to day project management of Geo-Environmental & Geotechnical site investigations and other projects as required.
- Preparing and review of factual and interpretative geo-environmental and geotechnical reports
- Regular communication with clients to keep them up to date with the progress, status and findings of all project work.
- Writing or reviewing of new project proposals
- Timely response to all client enquiries and acting as a professional representative in line with JOMAS' business values and vision.
- Developing and nurturing client relationships.
- Communicating effectively with colleagues throughout the business to share resources, technical knowledge and support all forms of business activity
- Management of team, and leadership of Geo-environmental Operations
- You will be expected to undertake both office based and site based work where your level of experience is required for project delivery
Key Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- The successful candidate is likely to have a minimum of ten years' experience and hold (or be working towards) a relevant chartership with a recognised professional body.
- BSc or MSc in relevant discipline
- You will need to demonstrate good experience of design, planning and delivery of contaminated land desk studies, site investigations, risk assessment (qualitative and quantitative) methodologies and remediation projects of various contaminated land scenarios.
- A good understanding of current UK environmental regulation is required, with experience of CLEA, P20 and RBCA preferred.
- Some geotechnical experience and/or knowledge would be beneficial
- Excellent computer and report writing skills are expected.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A proven desire and aptitude to create and maintain client relationships.
- Full UK driving licence with own car
The successful candidate will work alongside and in cooperation with a highly experienced team of Geotechnical Engineers, Environmental Scientists and Geo- environmental Specialists working on projects throughout the UK.
Please contact myself, Yasmina Ezzegraoui to discuss your options confidentially. Please send a copy of your CV in word format to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively call me on 0207 940 2105