Primary Health Care Nurse (Ad09) - Full & Part Time X2
6 days left
- Full Time
and 1 YEAR CONTRACT PART –TIME 70% AD 09 POSTS
Campus Health & Wellness Centre is one of six Units within the Division of Student Affairs we actively promote the provision of an efficient quality health care service on Campus for the optimal well-being of the Wits community, thereby contributing to a positive Wits experience.
Job Purpose: Provision of an efficient and effective comprehensive health care service at a primary health care (PHC) level to the students and staff of the University of Witwatersrand.
Key Performance Areas:
1. Comprehensive health care provision
- Patient centred health assessment, nursing care plan, appropriate intervention, monitoring and evaluation;
- Dispensing of medicines;
- Provision of preventative health care;
- Provision of emergency health care on and off Campus
- Provision of wellness programmes
- Other duties that will promote affectivity and efficiency in the Unit.
Job Specification: Education and Qualification:
- Four Year Diploma /Degree in Nursing Science (General, Community , Psychiatric and Midwifery);
- Diploma in Clinical Nursing Science, Health Assessment, Treatment and Care
- Must be a holder of a Dispensing Practitioners’ Course ;
- Registration with the South African Nursing Council as a General, Community, Midwife, and as a Primary Health Care Nurse
Knowledge and Experience
- Excellent knowledge of clinical nursing practice , pharmacology and the nursing scope of practice;
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of reproductive health issues including HIV counselling skills;
- Knowledge and adherence to various health care legislation, regulations and policies governing health care service delivery notably the Nursing Act and related Acts
- 5 years’ experience as a Registered Professional Nurse, of which 2 years were in a young adult setting;
- 2 years’ work experience as a Registered Primary Health Care Nurse (clinical nursing)
- Experience in a Higher Education setting will be advantage.
- Must have excellent communication skills (verbal and written);
- Must have excellent interpersonal , team work and collaboration skills;
- Service focus with passion for comprehensive quality care provision;
- Must be flexible to work at various Campuses;
- Planning and organising skills;
- Computer literacy is essential;
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
Two vacancies are available (fulltime 100% and part-time 70%), please make it clear in your cover letter which of these you applying for, even if its for both posts, kindly state so.
Closing date: 10th November 2016
The University is committed to employment equity. Preference may be given to appointable applicants from the under-represented designated groups in terms of the current employment equity plans and policies of the University. The University retains the right not to make an appointment and to verify all information provided by candidates.