Research Support Administrator
4 days left
- Full Time
This post is within the College of Life and Environmental Sciences which consists of four Schools, Biosciences; Geography, Earth and Environmental Sciences, Psychology and Sport and Exercise Sciences. The main responsibilities of the role are to provide administrative support in relation to the identification and publicising of relevant research funding opportunities; establish, maintain and review a resource-rich intranet presence for Research Support Office users; and to assist the College R&KT Committee and the Research Support Office to meet their strategic and functional objectives in relation to data management and record keeping, quality assurance and events management.
- • Good educational standard degree-level desirable with high quality A-levels essential.
- • An interest in the disciplinary areas of the College and an ability to gain an appropriate level of understanding in these areas over time.
- • Excellent communication skills, including an ability to write and speak clearly, concisely, and tactfully and in a grammatically correct manner
- • Good team working and relationship building skills across a diverse population of administrative, managerial and academic colleagues.
- • Excellent IT skills across all core Microsoft Office products including Word, Powerpoint, and Excel.
- • Able to confidently make sense of and re-present numerical and statistical data.
- • Able to quickly understand a problem, think laterally in the identification of solutions and extrapolate and absorb best practice into his/her personal working style and approach.
- • Able to use own initiative within area of expertise and to understand when matters should be referred.
- • Excellent attention to detail and adherence to deadlines and ability to work calmly under pressure.
- • Personal flexibility and commitment to task completion