City-REDI Centre Manager
Working as part of a team in the City-REDI Centre and under the Admin Director, take responsibility for a number of day to day activities, which comprise of; stakeholder communication, staff co-ordination, event organisation, project management, monitoring budgets and supporting knowledge exchange activities. Communication and promotional activities for the Centre will be the primary focus in this role.
Events & Workshops:
To organise seminars, workshops, conferences and networking dinners:
- • To work with the Administrative Director, academic colleagues and external partners during the design stage of each event in order to plan the purpose, targeted audience and desired outcomes/achievements.
- • To undertake follow-up activities as required, including co-ordination and formatting of event reports and post-event follow up with participants and academics in attendance.
Stakeholder Communication & Centre Promotion:
To communicate with a wide range of stakeholders of the Centre:
- • Devising a communications plan to assist with the Centres efforts in building and maintaining relationships with key contacts.
- • Develop and maintain a web and social media presence that the Institutes diverse range of stakeholders can relate to, working with the college marketing team.
- • Develop other content and marketing materials that help to build the Centres brand as required.
- • Ensure brand consistency and undertake formatting of publications such as working papers and reports.
- • Manage the Centres working paper / discussion paper imprint.
Responsible for the smooth day to day running of the Centre:
- • Develop systems and procedures to ensure accurate records are maintained in relation to research projects.
- • Monitoring of budgets and project finances.
- • Provide administrative support to the Centres academic colleagues and research fellows.
- • Provide support and assistance with co-ordination of research proposals and consultancy bid proposals.
- • Monitor procurement portals for consultancy opportunities.
- • Support the Administrative Director on activities associated with City-REDI.
- • Work as a member of the Schools PST in pro-actively fostering effective, flexible, and efficient administrative interfaces across the College(s) and University offices to help provide co-ordinated services to students and academic staff.
- • To pro-actively assist the Operations Manager (or nominee) in the on-going development of the Schools PST, its values, standards, service levels, and professional ethos within the overall strategic objectives of the School and the Birmingham Professional agenda;
- • To ensure that the role and its responsibilities are delivered in accordance with procedures and regulations as defined by both the Birmingham Business School and the University of Birmingham; to be pro-active in offering advice based on these regulations and procedures to students and staff where required and appropriate; and to contribute to the objective of making the School and the University and friendly place for students, staff, and visitors.
- • Willingness to work the occasional evening and weekend
- • To undertake such other duties as may be reasonably required by the Operations Manager (or nominee).
- • The specific areas of responsibility and/or tasks may change from time to time in accordance with the requirements of the School and its priorities of the time.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications, Experience:
- • Qualified to degree level in a relevant subject, or equivalent experience
- • Significant experience of events management
- • Excellent writing skills used in a professional communications setting
- • Ability to accurately proof read, edit and format documents
- • Proficient in Social Media and social media monitoring, including twitter, blogging and LinkedIn.
- • Ability to establish, develop and maintain effective working relationships with a range of people
- • Knowledge of research funding councils and/or consultancy commissioning bodies
- • Experience of bid submissions in either a consultancy or funding setting
- • Organisational and time management skills, demonstrating the ability to meet tight deadlines
- • Excellent Microsoft Office skills, including spreadsheets and databases
- • Excellent project management skills
- • Ability to support in finances and project budgets
- • Work to deadlines and manage competing priorities.
- • Effective team working skills
- • Ability to act on own initiative, taking a flexible pro-active approach to work
- • Website management/content experience
- • Experience of devising communications plans