Administrative Officer - Faculty of Engineering, Built Environment and Information Technology
FACULTY OF ENGINEERING, BUILT ENVIRONMENT AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
OFFICE OF THE DEAN: STUDENT ADMINISTRATION
PEROMNES POST LEVEL 10
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy.
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
The incumbent will assist the Co-ordinator with the effective and efficient handling of student administrative affairs in the Student Administration office of the Faculty with specific reference to:
- Student administration for undergraduate and postgraduate students, including admissions;
- Liaising with a broad spectrum of stakeholders (prospective students, applicants, registered students, finalists, graduates, supervisors, external examiners and other stakeholders);
- Assisting with the handling of arrangements regarding examinations and graduation ceremonies and processing examination results;
- Delivering an exceptional and client-friendly service to students and all stakeholders involved in the student administrative processes at the University of Pretoria.
- A three-year tertiary qualification with at least three years’ experience in a tertiary environment specifically related to Student Administration; OR
- Grade 12 with five years’ experience in a tertiary environment specifically related to Student Administration.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Appropriate language and communication skills are essential for good relationships with a diverse clientele;
- Organisational skills;
- Interpersonal and conflict management skills;
- Computer literacy with broad knowledge and experience of MS Office packages, Internet, GroupWise and PeopleSoft;
- Ability to work independently and participate effectively within a team;
- Accuracy and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
PLEASE NOTE: All shortlisted candidates may be required to participate in relevant skills assessments as part of the selection process.
The total remuneration package for this position ranges from approximately R 289 721 to R 364 087 as determined by UP policy guidelines. (These amounts include the University’s contributions to standard UP benefits, namely provident fund, group life and funeral cover, but exclude contributions to medical aid, as the latter varies per employee.) UP subscribes to the BESTMED medical aid scheme and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
Applicants are requested to apply online at www.up.ac.za, and follow the link: Careers@UP.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact.
CLOSING DATE: 1 December 2016
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
ENQUIRIES: Mrs I Willemse, Tel: (012) 420 2724
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 28 February 2017, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.