The Contact Team, based within the University of Birminghams External Relations division, is primarily responsible for inbound enquiry management and outbound communications between the University and prospective students and their influencers. This covers the period from the first point of enquiry up until they begin their studies at Birmingham.
The CRM Manager plays a key role in ensuring the External Relations division meets its strategic objectives. They will drive the continued development and implementation of an integrated CRM strategy for the University. This would include ensuring central strategic CRM activities and objectives are planned and delivered, working across External Relations and the wider University to enable CRM engagement and innovation that gives the University a genuine competitive edge.
- Line management/Team leadership experience
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Excellent written communications skills
- Qualifications at least to first degree level / experience
- Significant experience in a CRM or related role
- Experience of CRM/IT systems
- Experience of developing and implementing high level CRM campaigns
- Experience of managing budgets
- A proactive approach to problem solving and difficult situations
- The ability to adapt to new or demanding situations, prioritising workloads and managing deadlines
- Accuracy and attention to detail
An understanding of the admissions, marketing and recruitment processes in the UK Higher Education sector and the importance of the role in contributing to the successful recruitment and selection of students, which in turn contributes to the financial and reputational health of the institution;