Senior Therapist (Part-Time)
1 day left
- Part Time
Aga Khan University, chartered in 1983 as Pakistan's first private international university, is committed to the provision of education, research and health care of international standard relevant to Pakistan and the region.
The Department of Paediatrics and Child Health is committed to providing state-of-the-art clinical services and quality care to children. It imparts the best possible undergraduate and postgraduate training and do community oriented research of public health importance.
Developmental therapy is the rehabilitation of children with developmental needs by psycho social stimulation and behavior management techniques. Developmental therapy based on behavior therapy principles was started internationally in 1940s. Developmental therapy was started in AKU in 2009. Initially, the service was started in limited scale with patients referred by the Paeds neurologist at the Sports Center in collaboration with the Paeds physiotherapy programme.
You will be expected to perform the following:
- developmental psychological assessment
- perform cognitive behavior assessment
- emotional and behavior problem assessment
- behavior therapy, developmental therapy and therapy of learning
- develop protocols for program
- develop innovative educational plans for parents of Paediatrics patients to help in improvement of the program.
Applicants should have:
- Masters in Clinical Psychology
- at least two years of related work experience
- knowledge of clinical psychology, theory, techniques and equipment
- evaluation of patients, monitor and record patients’ progress
- knowledge of counseling and health care techniques
- ability to advice and orient patients and other health care professionals
- ability to work as an effective team player.