Assistant Head Nurse (Feto Maternal Unit), Service Line - Women's Health Care
The Service Line - Women's Health Care offers a broad range of inpatient and outpatient services for women including high risk obstetrical care, infertility, foetal assessment, routine obstetric, reproductive endocrinology, gynaecological oncology and comprehensive diagnosis and treatment of routine gynaecological disorders.
You will be responsible to:
- assist Head Nurse in day to day management of the unit
- teach and mentor new staff of the area
- ensuring quality care being delivered to patients
- meet consultants frequently to discuss patient care related issues
- coordinate with multidisciplinary teams to enhance quality of patient care
- assess patient care and acuity trends, plan and manage unit and staffing, and ensure availability of supplies, equipment and resources
- demonstrate initiatives to review concepts of Quality Improvement in Nursing Practice (QINP).
You should have:
- a Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing (BScN) and Diploma in Midwifery from any accredited school
- at least three years of nursing experience preferably in medical and surgical areas
- valid license from Pakistan Nursing Council
- certification in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), Safe Medication Administration, Aseptic Techniques, I/V Cannulation, Tool Training and Facilitation courses
- excellent interpersonal and supervisory skills
- willingness to work in morning, evening and night duties.