Impact Translation Fellow (2 posts)
The Yorkshire Integrated Catchment Solutions Programme (iCASP) is a £6 million investment over five years, with funding from the Natural Environment Research Council, aimed at generating solutions to significant environmental issues and bringing benefits across rural and urban areas of Yorkshire. The programme requires a team of innovative communicators, experts and administrators to support the translation of science and the engagement of agencies across all sectors.
Reporting to the Programme Manager and Academic Lead, you will be at the interface between academia and stakeholder organisations, solving problems facing industry and government in the broad area of catchment dynamics, including flooding, drought mitigation, water quality, agricultural resilience and carbon sequestration.
The projects you will undertake will depend on your skill set but relevant topics include: hydrological or climate modelling; downscaling climate predictions; catchment solutions options mapping and optimisation (water quality, flooding, drought, carbon sequestration, biodiversity); payments for ecosystem services evaluations; economic evaluation of resilient infrastructure solutions; flood forecasting process evaluation; water quality prediction tools; and improving peatland management and restoration guidance.
Project management skills, excellent communications skills and the ability to produce reports are essential requirements of the role.
To explore the post further or for any queries you may have, please contact:
Professor David Hodgson, Deputy Director of iCASP
Tel: +44 (0)113 343 0236, Email: D.Hodgson@leeds.ac.uk
More jobs like this
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Business and Finance jobs in United Kingdom
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Science jobs in United Kingdom
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Environmental Sciences jobs in United Kingdom
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Social and Behavioral Sciences jobs in United Kingdom
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Geography jobs in United Kingdom