Departmental Administrator B - School for Public Management and Administration
FACULTY OF ECONOMIC AND MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
SCHOOL FOR PUBLIC MANAGEMENT AND ADMINISTRATION
DEPARTMENTAL ADMINISTRATOR B
PEROMNES POST LEVEL 10
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy.
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
The incumbent will be responsible for delivering an effective and comprehensive administrative service to the Director of the School and the staff members of the School of Public Management and Administration, including:
- Personal assistance to the Director of the School;
- General administration;
- Teaching and learning administration;
- Research and marketing administration;
- Financial and human resources administration.
- Relevant three-year B-degree with at least two years’ experience that includes office administration, secretarial and financial experience; OR
- Grade 12 and an applicable three-year secretarial and/or office administration qualification and three years’ experience that includes office administration, secretarial experience and financial administration;
- Certificates of proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint, as well as the use of internet and e-mail;
- A driver’s license.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Applicable professional communication and language skills, both written and verbal;
- Ability to work under pressure without compromising detail and accuracy;
- Strong display of customer service acumen;
- The ability and sophistication needed to interact with internal and external stakeholders;
- Ability to prioritise work independently and handle simultaneous assignments with success and accuracy;
- Good administrative skills;
- Ability to handle confidential information;
- Interpersonal skills;
- Knowledge of tender documents.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- B.Admin degree;
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access;
- Experience in administering undergraduate and/or postgraduate programmes;
- Knowledge of a blended learning environment including online support (ClickUP);
- Basic knowledge of PeopleSoft system;
- Knowledge of webpage maintenance;
- Experience in managing the logistical arrangements for events;
- Knowledge and understanding of the higher education environment;
- Experience identifying funding opportunities as well as collaboration activities and partnerships;
- Proposal administration skills.
PLEASE NOTE: All shortlisted candidates may be required to participate in relevant skills assessments as part of the selection process.
The total remuneration package for this position ranges from approximately R 289 721 to R 347 490 as determined by UP policy guidelines. (These amounts include the University’s contributions to standard UP benefits, namely provident fund, group life and funeral cover, but exclude contributions to medical aid, as the latter varies per employee.) UP subscribes to the BESTMED medical aid scheme and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
Applicants are requested to apply online at www.up.ac.za, and follow the link: Careers@UP.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact.
CLOSING DATE: 12 December 2016
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
ENQUIRIES: Prof M Mabugu, Tel: (012) 420 3342
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 28 February 2017, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.