Resident Coordinator (Accommodation)
The University of Auckland is New Zealand’s leading University and supports over 41,000 students. Accommodation provides a safe and supportive residential study environment for around 3,000 students.
The Accommodation team is in an exciting period of expansion, to ensure we continue to provide excellent support we are recruiting for three Resident Coordinators.
- Resident Coordinator (Grafton)
- Resident Coordinator (Symonds)
- Resident Coordinator (Whitaker)
Reporting to an Area Manager, this role works 2:30pm – 10:30pm Tuesday to Saturday, providing additional customer service, event coordinator and after hours support and care to our residents. We are seeking capable professionals who can support the development of a community that is safe, comfortable, supportive, conducive to academic success, and responsive to the needs of students in residence.
Our preferred candidate will:
- Role model appropriate sociability for a residential community as well as high levels of professionalism;
- Be available for after-hours/weekend on-call work (on average 1 week in every 3); and
- Be warm and open in your personal style but with a level of personal integrity that allows you to maintain consistent and respectful standards of behaviour within a community tolerant of diverse perspectives and needs.
As a pragmatic professional you will be able to deliver a high quality residential service. As part of the face of the Residence you will be friendly, customer focused, enthusiastic, with empathy for tertiary students. Experience working within similar educational/support environments is desirable.
This is a great opportunity to enter the student accommodation profession, join an innovative, vibrant and rewarding work environment offering the satisfaction of supporting students while honing your professional skills.
For more information please contact Jacob Waitere - Area Manager (Domain-Whitaker), firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply online at www.opportunities.auckland.ac.nz
The University has an equity policy and welcomes applications from all qualified persons.
The University is committed to meeting its obligations under the Treaty of Waitangi and achieving equity outcomes for staff and students.
Applications close 9th December 2016.