Administrative Officer (One-year renewable contract appointment) - Department of Family Medicine
4 days left
- Full Time
FACULTY OF HEALTH SCIENCES
SCHOOL OF MEDICINE
DEPARTMENT OF FAMILY MEDICINE
ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER (ONE-YEAR RENEWABLE CONTRACT APPOINTMENT)
PEROMNES POST LEVEL 10
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy.
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
The successful candidate will be responsible for all financial duties linked to the project, including:
- Performing financial and administrative control over the utilisation of funds;
- Processing and verifying financial transactions;
- Supporting purchasing/debtor and asset management;
- Ensuring that all the financial aspects and project complies with the University policy and audit requirements.
- Grade 12 with Accounting as subject;
- At least five years’ experience in financial administration;
- Skilled in the use of MS Office (advanced).
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Knowledge of foreign exchange;
- Knowledge of accounting;
- The ability to work as part of a team;
- Confidence to work professionally with senior staff;
- Appropriate language and communication skills.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- Bcom (Accounting) or equivalent qualification;
- Experience with the PeopleSoft financial system and programmes.
PLEASE NOTE: All shortlisted candidates may be required to participate in relevant skills assessments as part of the selection process.
The all-inclusive remuneration package for this contract position will be commensurate with the incumbent’s level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines.
Applicants are requested to apply online at www.up.ac.za, and follow the link: Careers@UP.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact.
CLOSING DATE: 9 December 2016
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
ENQUIRIES: Mr Lesego Sehume, Tel: (012) 356 3301
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 28 February 2017, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.