Administrative Assistant: undergraduate programmes: Post
The Education Services and Support team within the College of Medical and Dental Sciences consists of over 100 professional administrative staff who work together to support and enable the delivery of education through our academic colleagues across Undergraduate and Postgraduate Programmes supported by colleagues from Institutes.
The post holder will form part of the professional services team who support the administration of undergraduate programmes across the College of the Medical and Dental Sciences. Duties include support for the curriculum, support for student assessment, management and allocation of student placements and monitoring and recording student attendance.
We currently have multiple vacancies throughout the team supporting a variety of programmes.
- • Educated to A Level standard with at least GCSE Grade C in Maths and English or equivalent
- • Significant experience of working in an administrative role in a fast paced and complex environment, preferably in an Education setting.
- • Ability to work with a diverse range of stakeholders courteously, diplomatically and confidentially
- • Demonstrable experience of using and maintaining complex working systems e.g. a finance record/monitoring system.
- • Ability to work proactively, independently and as part of a team
- • Wide ranging IT skills to an advanced level, to include manipulation of data and application of formulae using excel and development of presentations using PowerPoint
- • Organised and able to prioritise own workload according to changing business needs and daily work constraints
- • Able to work under pressure and deal with confidential and sensitive data in accordance with appropriate legislation
- • Excellent verbal and written communication with appropriate attention to detail
- • Ability to use judgement and make appropriate decisions within the constraints of the role
- • Experience of supporting committees in a secretarial capacity