Administrative Assistant: Education Services and Support
The Education Services and Support team within the College of Medical and Dental Sciences consists of over 100 professional administrative staff who work together to support and enable the delivery of education through our academic colleagues across Undergraduate and Postgraduate Programmes supported by colleagues from Institutes.
The post holder will form part of a small team of Education Administrative assistants who will provide support to the Operational Area of Education. Each administrative assistant will have a primary area of responsibility however, they will be able to work flexibly across the Operational area of Education to support delivery of a high quality service for stakeholders.
We currently have multiple vacancies, full time and part time, within the team supporting the Operational Area of Education Services and Support.
- • Educated to A Level standard with at least GCSE Grade C in Maths and English or equivalent
- • Significant experience of working in an administrative role in a fast paced and complex environment, preferably in an Education setting.
- • Ability to work with a diverse range of stakeholders courteously, diplomatically and confidentially
- • Demonstrable experience of using and maintaining complex working systems e.g. a finance record/monitoring system.
- • Ability to work proactively, independently and as part of a team
- • Wide ranging IT skills to an advanced level, to include manipulation of data and application of formulae using excel and development of presentations using PowerPoint
- • Organised and able to prioritise own workload according to changing business needs and daily work constraints
- • Able to work under pressure and deal with confidential and sensitive data in accordance with appropriate legislation
- • Excellent verbal and written communication with appropriate attention to detail
- • Ability to use judgement and make appropriate decisions within the constraints of the role
- • Experience of supporting committees in a secretarial capacity
- • Experience of Diary management and supporting senior staff
- • RSA level II Word processing or equivalent relevant experience