Academic Support Administrator
The post holder will work as part of a team of administrators providing a comprehensive, professional and proactive administrative support service to the School Hub and senior academic staff within Departments/Subject Groups. This will involve organising, servicing and monitoring the action points emerging from meetings.
The post holder will make extensive use of databases and filing systems in the proactive management of data and will regularly collate and prepare information for a diverse client base of colleagues from within the School. The post holder will also provide proactive administrative support to School Hub initiatives, responsibilities and governance priorities including, but not limited to, the workload allocation model, budgeting, financial forecasting and a diverse range of HR-related procedures.
The primary responsibility is to support the work of the Senior Management Team and other colleagues as determined by the School Hub Manager.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications, Experience:
- • Educated to at least GCSE level (or equivalent), including at least a Grade C in English and Mathematics.
- • Proficient in the use of software packages (eg MS Office) and demonstrable ability to quickly learn in-house applications.
- • Accurate, fast and efficient word processing skills, demonstrated by RSAII word processing (or equivalent qualification or experience);
- • Demonstrable and highly developed organisational skills, with the ability to work thoroughly and reliably, sometimes under pressure;
- • Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with demonstrable experience of organising and supporting meetings/events;
- • Demonstrable ability to deliver effective, high quality client focused and customer-orientated professional services;
- • Demonstrable ability to make own judgement in decision making within constraints of the role;
- • Demonstrable experience of working within a large and complex organisation and previous experience of working within the higher education sector is desirable;
- • Demonstrate proactive approach to completing tasks;
- • Demonstrable ability to work as an effective team member;
- • Positive, flexible, enthusiastic and pleasant manner;