You will be responsible for providing assistance for purchase of medical equipment and clinical supplies primarily for Health Network institutions in East Africa, Afghanistan and Central Asia.
Specifically, you will be responsible to:
- Assist supervisor to ensure fulfilment of health network unit’s requirements on time and in cost effective manner.
- Obtain and analyse quotation received from the supplier to make effective purchasing recommendations. This includes evaluation of prices, quality of the product, delivery time and after sales services.
- Negotiate with suppliers to ensure effective buying by meeting them personally or through telephone and mail.
- Ensure close coordination and develop good working relationship with all the internal & external customers.
- Coordinate with AKU purchase associates to ensure that network requirements are met and communicated to the relevant unit.
- Provide assistance to Purchase Department of AKMCCC Hyderabad through verifying rates with the assistance of AKUHK buyer and local market, identifying suitable suppliers and maintaining record of purchasing.
- Update enquiry status reports for each Health Network Institution on quarterly basis.
- Provide assistance in preparation of documents related to Health network i.e. invoices to Network Units and calculation of savings realized for medical surgical, pharmaceutical and laboratory items against AKU contracts.
- Assist in the preparation of various reports for Health Network meetings including memos and progress and activities reports.
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably Master’s Degree in supply chain management from a reputable Institution.
- Minimum 2 years of related work experience.
- Adequate knowledge of import & local market.
- Use of appropriate computer software for preparation of financial comparisons and other purposes
- Verbal / Written skills both in English and Urdu.
- Negotiation Skills
- Ability to do effective liaison with customers (End-Users), superiors and colleagues.